This last week was Global Entrepreneurship Week in Albuquerque and, like last year, there was a huge number of events to participate in.
Some of the big news from the week:
- The launch of SINC, Social Impact through the Nonprofit Community, (@SINC_NM), Albuquerque’s first incubator for non-profits.
- Expansion of ABQid (@goABQid) into Santa Fe with the SFid.
- Village Capital: This is Albuquerque – YouTube Video promoting Albuquerque. I had no idea we are credited with the creation of the Sopapilla’s in North America! Really we are done here, not sure why we are trying to invent more things we can never top that…
- 2015 State of the City Address – Transcript, lots of talking points and great information here.
There were a bunch of competitions throughout the week, here are all the winners I could dig up:
The SBA and Microsoft offer a prize competition for products and and services that impact and empower the lives of women and families.
STC.UNM Elevator Pitch Competition (11/13/15)
UNM Students pitch their technology and business ideas in 90 seconds to a live audience. There were five winners each getting $2500.
- Gregory Allen and Danielle Fox – Trade Square
- Jacob Collison – evaporation technology
- Rebekah Hartenberger – Personal Attack Warning System
- Zeke Chavez – Crowd Tank
- Alexandra Luna – FoodEze
Startup Weekend Albuquerque (11/13/15 – 11/15/15)
54 hour event to form a team, share an idea, and create a pitch for a new company.
Albuquerque Mayor’s Prize (11/17/15)
A prize for groups helping to support the creation and growth of new companies in the city. $200,000 worth of prizes.
Scrappy Startup Challenge (11/17/15)
A 3 minute pitch contest in Santa Fe. Winners can get badges to SWSX, legal consulting, marketing consulting, free rent at Fat Pipe and mentoring.
Village Capital Water 2015 (11/18/15)
A Washington DC based business accelerator that did a 4 month program here in Albuquerque to help bring ideas and products to market to solve water issues. Two $50K prizes were awarded.
I probably missed some, but an exciting week. Check out Eric Renz-Whitmore’s recorded periscope interviews from GEW ABQ.