…another date with my lovely wife. Wednesday, was Creative Startups demo day for their 2015 accelerator class. It was held at the Factory on 5th, an appropriate place for creative company demos and my wife’s home away from home at the Albuquerque Aerialist Collective.
As an aside my wife started a blog about returning to aerial acrobatics after pregnancy, check it out.
Albuquerque Business First has a nice write up of the introduction by Roxanne Blair and Gary Oppedahl.
The most impressive part was likely the report on the first Creative Startups class:
Creative Startups report $1.5 million raised and 80 jobs generated – Albuquerque Business First – https://t.co/99OGwDKE63
— Creative Startups (@createstartups) October 29, 2015
There were nine companies who gave quick 2 minute pitches about their company and they all had demos setup just past the free beer by Santa Fe Brewing!
The nine companies:
- 12 FPS – A marketing company around more subtle advertising. I love the inspiration for their company name and logo.
- Beyond Buckskin – A company selling curated fashion and jewelry designed by Native Americans.
- FAR Botanicals – Natural body care products promoting truth in advertising.
- Inmerssion – Virtual worlds and artificial intelligent art displays and games.
- Mezel Mods – A Rio Rancho company making custom pinball accessories for the $100 million and growing pinball industry.
- The Art of Revolution – Creating more engaging and meaningful campaigns for non-profit advertising.
- The Right Margin – A unique web app designed for writers, by writers to make the book creation process better.
- Ver Con Las Manos – Creating beautiful 3D works of art from famous pictures to help provide art for the visual impaired.
- Walls Of Benin – African inspired PJs and clothing that provides benefits back to the African continent.
Eric Renz-Whitmore did several Periscope interviews with the companies you can view here:
Inmerssion – The Right Margin – FAR Botanicals